Thursday, September 25, 2008

Marxist response to Dr. Craig

(Edit: This is my 6th attempt to post this entry since 8 am. hopefully this one stays up. I am furious with blogger.com as I've written this response out about 3 times now.

Dr. Craig's blog made me think a lot about how the "ruling class" tries to "brainwash" the middle and lower classes into thinking certain things and behaving in certain ways. Sure, it's easy to assume that upper classes have power because that's just the way things are or "it is what it is" but is the lower class' response to such autonomy their own fault?
There are people in the world with so much money they don't know what to do with it. So they store it in banks, and live off the interest for the rest of their lives and never do anything positive for the world with their profits. Then again, there are some (Bill Gates) who spend their money on useful causes and charities that are slowly helping to change the world around us. But what can the lower class do about such people as mentioned before? I have no idea. I don't know how to change the way things are, because even something such as buying a film or a CD that is anti-establishment or anti-war or anti-anything is still giving money to celebrities or musicians who will make capital off of it at the end of the day. They will still become far richer than me, and I am contributing to their wealth and for what? It is sad that the world is the way it is now, and that few hold so much power over many due to financial or economic reasons. That's the thing that I thought about the most while reading the response. I just got somewhat upset.

No comments: